Prospective Graduate Students
We often invite prospective students to visit MSU after they have been accepted into our program. If you would like to visit our department before applying, or before acceptance, please contact the Graduate Recruiter for the ChE or MSE program. The visit the Contact page for graduate recruiters contact information.
We welcome visits from alumni at any time. Simply call the departmental Administrative Assistant at (517)355-5135 to let us know that you are coming.
Visit our Alumni pages for information about alumni networking, making donations, and more!
General Resources for Visitors
For Campus and Parking Maps please visit the college website. Be sure to park in a visitor lot!
The room numbering in the Engineering Building is confusing to visitors. The Interactive Building Map is very helpful. You will want to print a map before visiting.
- MSU Gardens - a wonderful place to visit when flowers are blooming. Includes a butterfly garden that is great even in winter.
- MSU Musuem - dioramas, etc.
- Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum - dedicated to exploring contemporary culture and ideas.
- Abrams Planetarium - shows on weekends.
- Wharton Center for Performing Arts - music and theater productions.
- Athletic Events - tickets, schedules, etc.
- Breslin Center - athletic events, concerts.
- MSU Pavilion - livestock shows, gardening events, etc.
City of East Lansing - official website, includes options for lodging.
Beyond East Lansing
- State History Museum located in Lansing - free State musuem of Michigan history located near the State Capitol Building.
- City of Lansing - official website.
- Lansing Lugnuts - minor league baseball team in Lansing.
- State Capitol Building tours - visit the redecorated building.
- State of Michigan
Broken Links? Please report broken links to the webmaster listed below in the site footer (HELP - Report Broken Link). We don't always notice when an external site has been moved! We can help you find a correct web address if our link is broken.