- About CHEMS
- Undergraduate Program
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science & Egr
- Teaching Facilities & Labs
- How to Apply
- Study Abroad
- Student and Pro Organizations
- Co-ops and Internships
- Awards and Scholarship Info
- Visit & Contacts
- Graduate Program
- Friends and Alumni
University Distinguished Professor
renewable, polymers, biobased
Polymeric materials from renewable resources; biodegradable polymer systems; engineering and design of natural-synthetic polymer graft and block copolymers; polymer blends; studies in reactive extrusion processing, biobased and recyclable composites.
- Kale, Gaurav; Auras, Rafael; Singh, Sher Paul; Narayan, Ramani, "Biodegradability of polylactidebottles in real and simulated composting conditions", Polymer Testing, 26(8), 1049-106, (2007)
- Woo Yeul Jang, Boo Young Shin, Tae Jin Lee, and Ramani Narayan, "Thermal Properties andMorphology of Biodegradable PLA/Starch Compatibilized Blends", J. Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol. 13, No. 3, (2007) 457-464.
- Narayan, Ramani, "Rationale, Drivers, Standards, and Technology for Biobased Materials"; Ch 1, pg3 in Renewable Resources and Renewable Energy, Ed. M. Graziani & P. Fornasiero; CRC Press, 2006.
- Modifications of Soybean Oil Using Novel Ozone Based Chemistry , Daniel Graiver, Phuong Tran,Laura Patrick, Ken Farminer, and Ramani Narayan in "Degradable Polymers and Materials Principles and Practice," Kishan Khemani and Carmen Scholz, eds, ACS Symposium Ser (AnAmerican Chemical Society Publication) pg 232, 2006.
Selected Achievements and Awards