- About CHEMS
- Undergraduate Program
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science & Egr
- Teaching Facilities & Labs
- How to Apply
- Study Abroad
- Student and Pro Organizations
- Co-ops and Internships
- Awards and Scholarship Info
- Visit & Contacts
- Graduate Program
- Friends and Alumni
Mechanical and thermal properties of ceramics, bioceramics and thermoelectric materials; fracture and microcracking, processing of ceramics and thermoelectric materials, ceramic/ceramic joining
- D. T. Morelli, E. D. Case, B. D. Hall, S. Wang, Copper Aluminate as a potential material for high temperature thermoelectric power generation, abstract accepted, 32nd International Cocoa Beach Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites, Daytona Beach, Florida, January 2008.
- F. Ren, J. E. N, E. D. Case, J Sootsman, M. G. Kanatzidis, E. Lara-curzio, R. M. Trejo, Elastic moduli of lead telluride as a function of temperature, MRS Conference, Boston, MA, November, 2007.
- F. Ren, B. D. Hall, J. E. Ni, E. D. Case, E.J. Timm, H. J. Schock, C-I. Wu, J. J. D’Angelo, T. P. Hogan, R. M. Trejo, E. Lara-Curzio, Mechanical characterization of PbTe-based thermoelectric materials, MRS Conference, Boston, MA, November, 2007.
- E. D. Case, M. J. Baumann and I. O. Smith, Microstructure and Microcracking in Bioceramics, abstract accepted, 32nd International Cocoa Beach Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites, Daytona Beach, Florida, January 2008.
Selected Achievements and Awards
- Elected a Fellow of ASM International, 2007
- Withrow Teaching Excellence Award, Michigan State University, 2006, 1998, 1995, and 1993.