- About CHEMS
- Undergraduate Program
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science & Egr
- Teaching Facilities & Labs
- How to Apply
- Study Abroad
- Student and Pro Organizations
- Co-ops and Internships
- Awards and Scholarship Info
- Visit & Contacts
- Graduate Program
- Friends and Alumni
Biomass process engineering, Biomass conversion, Renewable energy, Value added products from agricultural residues and Modeling integrated agricultural operations.
- Gao D, Chundawat SPS, Krishnan C, Balan V, Dale BE. Identification and optimization of six core glycosyl hydrolases for the hydrolysis of ammonia fiber expansion (AFEX) pretreated corn stover. Bioresource Technology 101: 2770-2781 (2010).
- Balan V, Bals B, Chundawat SPS, Marshall D and Dale BE. Lignocellulosic Biomass Pretreatment Using AFEX. Jonathan R. Mielenz (ed.), Humana Press, a part of Springer Science + Business Media, LLC. vol. 581, Biofuels: Methods and protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology 61-77 (2009).
- Sousa LD, Chundawat SPS, Balan V and Dale BE. Cradle-to-grave - assessment of existing lignocellulose pretreatment technologies. Current Opinion in Biotechnology 20: 339-347 (2009).
- Zhong C, Lau MW, Balan V, Dale BE and Yuan Y-J. Optimization of Enzymatic Hydrolysis and Ethanol Fermentation from AFEX-treated Rice Straw. Applied Microbiology Biotechnology 84(4):667-76 (2009).
Selected Achievements and Awards